One Wild Saturday featuring Thomas D. Mangelsen
FREE ADMISSION ALL DAY!
Join us for a “wild’ celebration featuring Thomas D. Mangelsen himself!
Admission is free all day
Local wildlife conservation organizations Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo, Nebraska Wildlife Rehab and Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail and more will be on hand with interactive activities for the whole family. Children can participate in a scavenger hunt throughout the Life in the Wild exhibition for a chance to win a prize. Remember, admission is free all day, so bring a friend!
10:30-11:30AM – LECTURE SOLD OUT!
Mangelsen will present a lecture about the exhibition and his life’s work. Advance registration required.
11:30AM-1PM – AUTOGRAPH SESSION
Take home a unique keepsake! Purchase your Mangelsen memborabilia at the Museum Shop, or bring in your own, for Thomas Mangelsen to sign.
Event Tips and Guidelines:
• Overflow parking will be available in the ConAgra parking lot at 7th and Leavenworth Streets. (Please note that shuttle service will not be available.)
• Both entrances, main & lower level will be open. Lower level entrance closes at 1PM.
MANGELSEN LECTURE, 10:30AM
• Doors open at 9:30AM for lecture attendees. Just a reminder that this lecture is sold out. Due to the overwhelming interest in this event, we strongly recommend all confirmed registrants arrive 30 minutes early in order to be seated before the lecture begins.
• Those arriving late for the lecture will be seated at the discretion of the museum.
AUTOGRAPH SESSION, 11:30AM-1PM
• Take home a unique keepsake! Purchase your Mangelsen memorabilia at the Hitchcock Museum Shop or bring in your own for Thomas D. Mangelsen to sign.
• If you are bringing in an item for Mangelsen to sign, please note the museum is not responsible for storage of these items during your visit and plan accordingly. We also ask that lecture attendees do not take oversized items into the Truhlsen Lecture Hall.
• Hungry or craving an ice cream treat? Our old-fashioned Soda Fountain will be providing a special, limited menu. Be sure to check it out!
We look forward to seeing everyone and are excited to celebrate the work of Thomas D. Mangelsen with you!