Area educators invited to The Durham Museum’s 15th annual Teachers’ Night event
The Durham Museum is pleased to present its 15th annual Teachers’ Night on Friday, October 5, from 5-9PM. This complimentary event is one of the region’s largest open houses and information exchanges for area educators and is open to all teachers and education professionals.
At this year’s Teachers’ Night, attendees will be able to network with other educators and pick up free classroom resources from more than 50 regional and national cultural and educational organizations at exhibitor booths throughout the museum. This highly anticipated event is packed full of opportunities including:
- Exhibitors sharing their programming and education support for the region
- Networking and free classroom resources
- Information about The Durham’s upcoming exhibits and events
- An Omaha history tour aboard Ollie the Trolley
- Raffle drawings and a complimentary cocktail and hors d’oeuvres reception
- View the museum’s fall exhibition Thomas D. Mangelsen: A Life in the Wild
- Registration is now open and available online by visiting www.durhammuseum.org.
The Durham Museum Teachers’ Night program began in 2004 and was originally modeled on a similar event offered by the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., of which The Durham is a leading affiliate. Since its founding, Teachers’ Night has grown into one of The Durham Museum’s primary educational outreach initiatives, drawing nearly 1,000 educators each year.
The Durham Museum Teachers’ Night is sponsored by First Nebraska Credit Union, Metropolitan Community College, Nebraska State Education Association and Metropolitan Utilities District.